2021-2022 Kid's Korner Before and Afterschool Program
The Town of Hampden Recreation Department is pleased to provide this program for students enrolled in the McGraw and Weatherbee Schools in Hampden. The Kid's Korner program is a before and after school program located at the Skehan Recreation Center for children in Kindergarten through 5th grade. It encompasses a variety of activities from homework time to arts and crafts, games, outdoor play and themed activities. This is an active recreation program and participation in all group activities is expected. Children will be bussed to and from school for this program.
Please note time changes in program:
AM session: 7am-8:30am (all children must be dropped off by 8am)(40 spots)
PM session: 3-5:30pm (40 spots)
Registration for the Kid's Korner program is intended to be for the full school year. We do continue to enroll, as space allows, throughout the school year for spots that are remaining for the remainder of the school year. Please inquire if you'd like to find out availability.
We will be updating registrants with any COVID related information in August.
Kid's Korner Before and After School Program
- Morning session: 7am-8:30am (all participants must be dropped off by 8am) ($9.00 per session).
- Afternoon session: 3-5:30pm ($13.00 per session).
- Please send a nut free snack and drink with your child for each session.
- Please send children wearing appropriate shoes and clothing for indoor and outdoor play.
- Twenty minutes of homework time is incorporated into the PM session. Children may read (please send books)
- Children must be walked to and from the program by a parent and signed in and out each session.
- Monthly newsletters will be available online each month.
- Payments can be made online at www.hampdenrecreation.com or by cash or check made payable to the Town of Hampden.
- Payment is required for all days for which your child is registered regardless of attendance. All weekly payment are due the Friday preceding each week. Any registration changes must be approved by the Director one week in advance.
- Kid's Korner does not run during school vacations, teacher in-service days, snow days and PM session on early release days. The opening of the before school session during delays will be in accordance with the schools delay. (Example: 1 hour school delay will mean Kid's Korner will open 1 hour later (8am)
Additional Forms and Files: